FIFA president Sepp Blatter announced his resignation on Tuesday amid the corruption scandal that has rocked FIFA's world governing body. Speaking at a news conference in Zurich, Blatter said a special election would be held shortly to appoint his successor.
- FIFA president Blatter resigns amid scandal
- Back to work: RB Peterson to rejoin Vikings
- Wawrinka sweeps past Federer into French semis
- NFL eyes games in Germany, Mexico, Brazil
- Welker open to reunion with Pats, a 'great team'
- Seattle hitting coach: Cano's woes from pressing
- Ford: Why Towns still tops NBA Mock 6.0