Big 12 lunch links
October, 4, 2013
By Max Olson | ESPN.com
If a good Paul Rhoads speech (we're going with a classic today) doesn't get you fired up this morning, perhaps nothing will.
- Texas escapes against Iowa State and the Longhorns say they didn't see this coming. Deon Broomfield believes Mike Davis should've been ejected for his "dirty play," and one columnist is calling for Davis' suspension.
- A closer look at the goal-line series that decided Texas-Iowa State. Running back Aaron Wimberly proved his can handle a full workload for ISU.
- West Virginia AD Oliver Luck will reportedly join the College Football Playoff committee. Charles Sims is much more than a one-year wonder as West Virginia's new running back.
- Blake Bell is adding a fire to the Oklahoma offense. The Sooners' newest assistant coaches are to thank for a big recruiting weekend coming up.
- Baylor will put West Virginia's improved defense to the test Saturday. Tight end Jordan Najvar was named a William V. Campbell Trophy semifinalist.
- Baker Mayfield is having quite the opening run for Texas Tech as a freshman. Receiver Eric Ward is trying to stay focused during his recent drought.
- Kansas' talented running backs are creating concerns for the Texas Tech defense. Charlie Weis is plenty familiar with Kliff Kingsbury's high-powered offense.
- Former Oklahoma State kicker Quinn Sharp offers advice to his successor. Tracy Moore is also giving counsel to running back Jeremy Smith after a rough game against WVU.
- TCU hoping its second-half momentum on offense will help against Oklahoma. The Sooners know TCU is an opponent they can't take lightly this week.
- Kansas State receiver Tyler Lockett is seeking redemption in Stillwater this weekend. Because they're facing a former assistant this week, the Wildcats are changing some of their play terminology and schemes to be safe.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/big12