2. From Elias Sports Bureau: The Celtics won both games in Orlando. It’s the first time in team history that the Celtics won the first two games of a playoff series, both on the road. The Eastern Conference Finals series against the Magic is the 15th playoff series in which the Celtics played the first two games on the road.
3. More from Elias: Paul Pierce led the Celtics with 28 points in their win over the Magic, continuing a fascinating and telling pattern: Boston still hasn’t had the same player lead the team in scoring in two straight games during this year’s playoffs. Only two other teams in NBA history went 13 consecutive playoff games within one season without having the same player lead the team in scoring in consecutive games: the SuperSonics in 1978 (first 15 games) and the Pistons in 1989 (13 games).
4. This is the second time in franchise history that the Magic have dropped the first two games of a series at home (other was 1995 NBA Finals vs. Rockets).
6. The Celtics have now won five straight playoff games, their longest streak since winning their first five games in the 1987 Playoffs.
7. The Celtics have won four straight road playoff games for 1st time since 1974 (franchise record is 5 from 1968 to 1969).
8. The Celtics improved to 10-0 this postseason when holding their opponents to fewer than 100 points.
9. Game 2 marked the fourth time Kendrick Perkins had fouled out of a playoff game (first this season). The Celtics are 1-3 when Perkins fouls out of a playoff game.
10. Ray Allen was held to four-or-fewer points for the fourth time in his Celtics career… Celtics have won three of those four games.
Play Podcast Sports Illustrated's Peter King weighs in on the Patriots' offensive line, the outlook for New England, Jim Harbaugh's relationship with his team and the Cowboys' success.
Play Podcast Colin Cowherd shares his thoughts on the state of the Patriots, New England's offense and Brady Hoke's future at Michigan.
Play Podcast Skip Bayless & Stephen A. Smith debate if the Patriots dynasty is over, if the 49ers have stopped listen to Jim Harbaugh and more. Plus, they make their World Series predictions.