1. The Celtics are forced to a sixth game after leading a best-of-7 series 3-0 for the first time in their history (11 previous series all ended within 5 games). The Magic are the 10th team in NBA history to force a Game 6 after going down 3-0 in a best-of-7 series (out of the 94 teams that have faced a 3-0 deficit).
2. The Magic have now won four straight games against the Celtics when facing elimination (Games 6 and 7 of 2009 conference semis and Games 4 and 5 of this series).
3. Celtics coach Doc Rivers fell to 7-13 in potential series clinching games (second-worst record in NBA history among coaches with at least 15 such games).
4. Paul Pierce hit the ground running on Wednesday, scoring eight quick points in the first quarter against Matt Barnes. Unfortunately for Pierce, he would only score eight more points the rest of the way. After some defensive adjustments, the Magic held the Celtic captain in check, limiting Pierce to zero made FG and eight FT the final 39 ½ minutes of the game. (Paul Pierce’s last made FG came with 3:30 remaining in the first quarter). Nevertheless, Pierce (18 points) became the ninth player in Celtics history to score 2,000 career playoff points.
5. The Celtics fell to 0-4 this postseason when allowing 100-plus points.
6. Dwight Howard led the Magic with 21 points, 10 rebounds and 5 blocked shots. He's the first player to have 5 games with 5-plus blocks in a single postseason since Tim Duncan had 7 such games en route to the 2007 NBA title.
7. Jameer Nelson had 24 points and 5 assists, giving him 47 points and 14 assists in the last 2 games (had 44 points and 7 assists in 1st 3 games of series).
8. Rasheed Wallace led the Celtics with 21 points off the bench, his most points in a playoff game since the 2008 first round (as a Piston against the 76ers).
9. Ray Allen, Rajon Rondo and Pierce were a combined 8 for 28 from the field on contested FG attempts (0-4 3-pt FG), and 5 of 6 on uncontested FG attempts including 3 for 3 from three-point territory.
10. Kevin Garnett is having major difficulty finishing near the basket. Garnett is shooting 37.1 percent in the Magic series, but making even less near the basket. The Celtics power forward has hit just 6-18 FG inside of five feet in the series.
Play Podcast Brendan Hall and Scott Barboza wrap up the 2013 football season and look ahead to the future with John Sarianides.
Play Podcast ESPN NFL reporter Sal Paolantonio discusses Cowboys-Redskins, Saints-Panthers, Greg Hardy's emergence, Patriots-Ravens and more.
Play Podcast NFL Films' Greg Cosell talks about the Ravens' improvement, the impact of Rob Gronkowski's injury, the Broncos' pass defense, whether Kirk Cousins is a better QB than Robert Griffin III and more.
Play Podcast Mark Schlereth talks about which outcomes could surprise him this weekend between the Patriots and Ravens. Why the Chiefs defense isn't as great as we thought it was, if Mike Shanahan could be throwing his final games in Washington and much more.
Play Podcast Ravens QB Joe Flacco talks about his health, Baltimore's win over the Lions, his team's four-game winning streak, preparing to face the Patriots, the keys to success in December and more.
Play Podcast Super Bowl XXXV champion Brian Billick dishes on Tom Coughlin's future with the Giants, the state of the NFC North, Patriots-Ravens and more.
Play Podcast ESPN NFL analyst Jeff Saturday dishes on what Peyton Manning is like, Patriots-Ravens, the Cowboys' game management during the Packers' comeback and more.
Play Podcast ESPN NFL analyst Ron Jaworski weighs in on Packers-Cowboys, the scrutiny of Tony Romo, Marc Trestman's decision to start Jay Cutler, Patriots-Dolphins, the Chiefs' offense and more.