So far, no decision made on Sox game
April, 19, 2013
Tonight’s scheduled Red Sox-Royals game at Fenway Park is currently on hold as authorities continue their manhunt for one of the suspects in the marathon bombings.
ESPNBoston.com’s Gordon Edes said the Sox are eager to help lift the region’s spirits.
“With the Red Sox last night, they were really looking forward to doing their small part in helping this town heal,” Edes says in the SportsCenter clip above. “Clay Buchholz, who in his last start flirted with as no hitter, he was talking about how he was going to consider it a privilege to pitch tonight.”
We’ll let you know once the Red Sox game is officially postponed. It seems unlikely it will be played.
Red Sox third baseman Will Middlebrooks tweeted his support earlier today:
Proud of this city and everyone who is helping get us back to normal. #BostonPDStay safe everyone.— Will Middlebrooks (@middlebrooks) April 19, 2013