- Gordon Edes, ESPN Staff Writer
- 0 Shares
BALTIMORE -- A couple of quick notes on a gorgeous night in Camden Yards:
* Franklin Morales will pitch an inning Monday on a rehab assignment with Pawtucket. Morales has been on the DL twice this season, the first time for 52 games with a lower back strain and a left pectoral strain; the second time for 27 games and counting after aggravating the pectoral strain. He’ll need some time to get ready.
* Alex Wilson is scheduled to begin a rehab assignment Tuesday in Pawtucket. He has missed 13 games (and counting) with a sprained right thumb. His return should be quicker.
* Daniel Bard is throwing off a mound in Fort Myers. Manager John Farrell said he sent a text message to Bard on Thursday, but has not heard back. Farrell said the Sox hope that Bard pitches in a minor-league game before the end of the season.
“I would hope so,” Farrell said. “I would hope even for his own mindset of once this year ends, at least have some recent activity to evaluate on his own behalf.”
* The Orioles are the only AL East team against whom the Sox have a losing record. They’re 2-5 against the O’s, 24-13 against the other teams in the division.
* David Ortiz’s next home run will be his 20th of the season, which would give him 12 seasons with 20 or more, 11 with the Sox. That would tie him with Jim Rice and Dwight Evans for second most in Sox annals; Ted Williams holds the club record at 16.