- David Ching, ESPN Staff Writer
- 0 Shares
There will be football on the tube tonight. And tomorrow.
It's not SEC football, but it should help tide us over until, well, the Tide and Aggies play Saturday's showcase game in College Station.
Here are some links about the Alabama-Texas A&M showdown and some other news from around the SEC:
• Alabama's best defense against Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel and company? An improved offense.
• History tells us that the loser of Alabama-A&M isn't necessarily eliminated from the BCS race.
• Tennessee coach Butch Jones knows a thing or two about the up-tempo style of offense Saturday's opponent, No. 2 Oregon, runs. And he says the Ducks deserve the attention they receive.
• Amid allegations of wrongdoing at Oklahoma State, LSU coach Les Miles tries to focus on preparing his team for Saturday.
• The big question for Vanderbilt: Which Jadeveon Clowney will it see on Saturday?
• South Carolina's defense struggled to get lined up correctly when Georgia employed its no-huddle offense last week.
• Texas looks to bounce back from a disastrous BYU game when it hosts newly-ranked Ole Miss on Saturday.
• Kentucky defenders hope to knock Louisville quarterback Teddy Bridgewater off his feet on Saturday.
• Missouri athletics administrators and coach Gary Pinkel speak out in favor of paying athletes.
• Running back Alex Collins is enjoying early success at Arkansas.
• Auburn's defense focused on eliminating “trash plays” against Mississippi State.
• Athlon's preview and predictions for Week 3 in the SEC.