What a wild weekend in the SEC. After a handful of upsets and other compelling developments across the league, there's plenty to chew on. Here's a sampling:
- Many wondered what would come of Missouri's offense without star quarterback James Franklin. With Maty Mauk calling the shots now, it appears the Tigers offense isn't going to change, and that's a good thing.
- Earlier this season, Alabama gave up 42 points to Texas A&M. The Crimson Tide's other six opponents have scored a combined 26, giving Alabama the nation's No 1 scoring defense.
- Given a pressure-packed situation on the road against a top-10 team, Auburn quarterback Nick Marshall showed poise and playmaking ability that has the Tigers sitting pretty.
- LSU's loss to Ole Miss showed that the Tigers have some issues on both sides of the football.
- Texas A&M's defense, particularly against the run, has been a weakness this season. On Saturday, Auburn exposed it, leading to a defeat.
- South Carolina quarterback Connor Shaw is "doubtful" to play against No. 5 Missouri this week because of a knee sprain, according to Gamecocks coach Steve Spurrier.
- Coming off a 52-0 defeat at the hands of No. 1 Alabama, Arkansas' offense continues to struggle.
- Georgia coach Mark Richt hopes that the beaten-up Bulldogs see some players return soon, including running back Todd Gurley and receiver Michael Bennett, both of whom Richt says "have a pretty good shot" of returning on Nov. 2 against Florida.
- Now out of the top 25 after its loss to Missouri, Florida has its work cut out for it moving forward and is still searching for answers.
- Ole Miss got some tough news on Sunday when it was announced that freshman tight end Evan Engram will miss the remainder of the season with a high ankle sprain.
- After an upset win over South Carolina, the hire of Tennessee's Butch Jones is looking better by the day, thanks to his leadership.
- Kentucky is still in search of the right mix for its offensive line.
- Vanderbilt's defense has made some changes schematically, and those made a big difference in the Commodores' upset of Georgia.
Mettenberger's Rehab Ahead Of Schedule
Final Washington State 45 Colorado State 48 Final 20 Fresno State 20 25 USC 45 Final Buffalo 24 San Diego State 49 Final Tulane 21 Louisiana-Lafayette 24
Final Pittsburgh 30 Bowling Green 27 Final Utah State 21 23 Northern Illinois 14
Final Marshall 31 Maryland 20 Final Syracuse 21 Minnesota 17 Final Brigham Young 16 Washington 31
Final Rutgers 16 Notre Dame 29 Final Cincinnati 17 North Carolina 39 Final Miami (FL) 9 18 Louisville 36 Final Michigan 14 Kansas State 31
Final Middle Tennessee 6 Navy 24 Final Ole Miss 25 Georgia Tech 17 Final 10 Oregon 30 Texas 7 Final 14 Arizona State 23 Texas Tech 37
Final Arizona 42 Boston College 19 Final Virginia Tech 12 17 UCLA 42 Final Rice 7 Mississippi State 44 Final 24 Duke 48 21 Texas A&M 52
Final Nebraska 24 22 Georgia 19 Final UNLV 14 North Texas 36 Final Iowa 14 16 LSU 21 Final 19 Wisconsin 24 9 South Carolina 34 Final 5 Stanford 20 4 Michigan State 24 Final 15 UCF 52 6 Baylor 42
Final 13 Oklahoma State 31 8 Missouri 41 Final 12 Clemson 40 7 Ohio State 35