Injuries, toughness, targeting, blame and quarterback questions... it's all here in today's edition of the lunchtime links:
- With Vinnie Sunseri out for the season with a knee injury, Alabama turns to Landon Collins to take his place at strong safety.
- Now that his first career start is in the rearview mirror, Mizzou freshman quarterback Maty Mauk prepares for round two against South Carolina.
- A heel injury didn't stop Auburn running back Tre Mason from shining against Texas A&M on Saturday, and he's beginning to show his toughness and durability.
- LSU coach Les Miles took the blame in the immediate aftermath of the Tigers' 27-24 loss to Ole Miss, and after reviewing the film he maintained that he needs to do better and "get their attention."
- There's no point in Texas A&M playing the "what if" game when looking back on its loss to Auburn. Instead, the Aggies must move on.
- South Carolina's offense struggled in its loss to Tennessee, and head coach Steve Spurrier said maybe the Gamecocks "thought we were too good."
- After a 52-0 loss to Alabama and an off week coming up, Arkansas coach Bret Bielema and the Razorbacks are searching for answers -- and their first SEC win.
- On the heels of having two players impacted by the new rule, Georgia coach Mark Richt offered some thoughts on targeting and how officials are handling it.
- As Tennessee has progressed, so has quarterback Justin Worley -- and it shows.
- Even though Jalen Whitlow's ankle injury isn't as serious as it might have originally appeared, Maxwell Smith gets the nod as Kentucky's starting quarterback when the Wildcats meet Mississippi State.
- Speaking of starting quarterbacks, Vanderbilt coach James Franklin isn't ready to name one yet for Saturday's game against Texas A&M, with Austin Carta-Samuels dealing with an injury. The Commodores' depth chart lists Carta-Samuels "or" Patton Robinette.
- Ole Miss had to face four ranked teams in its first seven games, but now the hardest part of the Rebels' schedule is behind them.
- Mississippi State's linebackers are working to be the SEC's best.
- Here's a look at why Florida's offense has struggled so much this season.
LSU Bulks Up 2014 Recruiting Class
2:00 PM ET Washington State Colorado State 3:30 PM ET 20 Fresno State 25 USC 5:30 PM ET Buffalo San Diego State 9:00 PM ET Tulane Louisiana-Lafayette
6:00 PM ET Pittsburgh Bowling Green 9:30 PM ET Utah State 23 Northern Illinois
2:30 PM ET Marshall Maryland 6:00 PM ET Syracuse Minnesota 9:30 PM ET Brigham Young Washington
12:00 PM ET Rutgers Notre Dame 3:20 PM ET Cincinnati North Carolina 6:45 PM ET Miami (FL) 18 Louisville 10:15 PM ET Michigan Kansas State
11:45 AM ET Middle Tennessee Navy 3:15 PM ET Ole Miss Georgia Tech 6:45 PM ET 10 Oregon Texas 10:15 PM ET 14 Arizona State Texas Tech
12:30 PM ET Arizona Boston College 2:00 PM ET Virginia Tech 17 UCLA 4:00 PM ET Rice Mississippi State 8:00 PM ET 24 Duke 21 Texas A&M
12:00 PM ET Nebraska 22 Georgia 12:00 PM ET UNLV North Texas 1:00 PM ET Iowa 16 LSU 1:00 PM ET 19 Wisconsin 9 South Carolina 5:00 PM ET 5 Stanford 4 Michigan State 8:30 PM ET 15 UCF 6 Baylor
7:30 PM ET 13 Oklahoma State 8 Missouri 8:30 PM ET 12 Clemson 7 Ohio State