- Edward Aschoff, ESPN Staff Writer
- 0 Shares
Now that the NFL combine is over, we know a little bit more about the draft stocks of many players looking to make the jump to the NFL.
All that running, jumping, catching and throwing in Indianapolis can make a big difference for the majority of guys, and a lot of players saw their stock rise and fall after a few hours of moving around inside Lucas Oil Stadium.
NFL draft guru Mel Kiper Jr. kept a close eye on everyone out there and has updated his Big Board to reflect the performances from the few days in Indy. After the NFL combine, Kiper has 11 SEC players among his top 25 players, including six in his top 10. Before the combine, he had 12 SEC players in his rankings.
Who fell? Well, Texas A&M defensive end Damontre Moore took quite the stumble after a very rough outing at the combine. Moore went from No. 3 on Kiper's Big Board to unranked. He had a slow 40-yard-dash time of 4.95 seconds, and was weak on the bench press, doing just 12 reps at 225 pounds. That was the lowest of the 37 defensive linemen working out. Moore needs a strong pro day to get back in the good graces of everyone keeping a close eye on the draft.
While Moore tumbled down and out of Kiper's rankings, Florida defensive tackle Sharrif Floyd made a major jump, moving from No. 8 to No. 2. His 4.92 in the 40 was huge for him, and with Utah defensive tackle Star Lotulelei not being able to work out because of a heart condition, Floyd is now considered the top defensive tackle in the draft.
Even though Georgia linebacker Jarvis Jones didn't work out in Indy, he's still at the top of Kiper's board.
Here is where the 11 SEC players rank on Kiper's updated Big Board:
1. Jarvis Jones, LB, Georgia (Last week: 1)
2. Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida (LW: 8th)
5. Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M (LW: 2)
6. Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama (LW: 6)
7. Barkevious Mingo, DE, LSU (LW: 12)
9. Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama (LW: 9)
17. Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee (LW: 21)
19. Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri (LW: 15)
20. D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama (LW: 16)
22. Alec Ogletree, LB, Georgia (LW: 18)
25. Matt Elam, S, Florida (LW: 25)
9dGreg Ostendorf and Alex Scarborough