Across The Field: Springing forward
March, 3, 2013
By Scott Kendrick | ESPN.com
This is Across The Field, a regular feature on BuckeyeNation where we point you to noteworthy Buckeyes coverage here and elsewhere. Think something should be included? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. First, as always, our week in review:
BuckeyeNation Week in Review
- Austin Ward concluded his series looking at each position on the depth chart heading into the spring.
- Brad Bournival and the WolverineNation crew compared the Buckeyes and Wolverines' 2013 recruiting classes over the last two weeks and picked a winner at each spot.
- Bournival assessed the 2014 OSU prospects at defensive tackle, linebacker and defensive back.
- In Bournival's mailbag, he answers the question of whether Ohio State will offer another quarterback soon.
- North Carolina RB Elijah Hood has three Midwest powers in his top three.
- Running back is also a position of need in 2014.
- An offer could be a game-changer for an Illinois tight end.
- And an ESPN Watch List defensive tackle from Florida got an offer.
- The Buckeyes are getting some competition from the SEC at a pipeline school.
- Tight end prospect Jeb Blazevich, who is considering Ohio State, bulked up to become an elite prospect.
- If the Big Ten is going to bounce back in 2013, spring is a key time, writes Brian Bennett.
- Braxton Miller was the Big Ten's top player in 2012, writes Adam Rittenberg.
- Miller worked one on one with a QB guru. (Dispatch)
- He's on the Sports Illustrated cover this week, too. (Eleven Warriors)
- Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is a big part of the regimen of safety signee Jayme Thompson. (Toledo Blade)
- Five questions for the Buckeyes entering spring practice. (Plain Dealer)
- Johnathan Hankins had some second thoughts about leaving school. (Dispatch)
- John Simon had shoulder surgery a few weeks ago. (Dispatch)
- Former OSU offensive coordinator Jim Bollman will run the offense at Michigan State. (Plain Dealer)
- Jake Stoneburner believes his game is suited for the NFL. (Dispatch)
- Reid Fragel had a solid combine and is moving up the draft boards. (NFL.com)
- Eleven Warriors takes an inside look at the Buckeyes' base running game.
- Urban Meyer talked candidly about the depth chart on the Buckeye Cruise for Cancer last week. (The-Ozone.net)
- The Buckeyes pulled away from Northwestern and moved back into the top four in the Big Ten standings.
- Aaron Craft's scoring was the difference against Michigan State, Ward writes.
- Freshman fan favorite Amadeo Della Valle is getting a few minutes here and there. (Plain Dealer)
The Gang's All Here
Saban vs. Meyer
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Nevada 3 Louisiana-Lafayette 16 Final Utah State 21 UTEP 6 Final 22 Utah 45 Colorado State 10 Final Western Michigan 24 Air Force 38 Final South Alabama 28 Bowling Green 33
6:00 PM ET Marshall Northern Illinois 9:30 PM ET Navy San Diego State
12:00 PM ET Central Michigan Western Kentucky 8:00 PM ET Fresno State Rice
1:00 PM ET Illinois Louisiana Tech 4:30 PM ET Rutgers North Carolina 8:00 PM ET North Carolina State UCF
1:00 PM ET Cincinnati Virginia Tech 2:00 PM ET 15 Arizona State Duke 3:30 PM ET Miami (FL) South Carolina 4:30 PM ET Boston College Penn State 8:00 PM ET Nebraska 24 USC
2:00 PM ET Texas A&M West Virginia 5:30 PM ET Oklahoma 17 Clemson 9:00 PM ET Arkansas Texas
3:00 PM ET Notre Dame 23 LSU 6:30 PM ET 13 Georgia 21 Louisville 10:00 PM ET Maryland Stanford
12:30 PM ET 9 Ole Miss 6 TCU 4:00 PM ET 20 Boise State 10 Arizona 8:00 PM ET 7 Mississippi State 12 Georgia Tech
12:00 PM ET 19 Auburn 18 Wisconsin 12:30 PM ET 8 Michigan State 5 Baylor 1:00 PM ET 16 Missouri 25 Minnesota 5:00 PM ET 2 Oregon 3 Florida State 8:30 PM ET 1 Alabama 4 Ohio State
12:00 PM ET Houston Pittsburgh 3:20 PM ET Iowa Tennessee 6:45 PM ET 11 Kansas State 14 UCLA 10:15 PM ET Washington Oklahoma State