Big Ten lunchtime links
October, 8, 2013
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
The Bro Code has been around for centuries. Nay, whatever's more than centuries.
- Minnesota AD Norwood Teague tells John Feinstein that he wants Jerry Kill to coach there for a very long time. Former Gophers players weigh in on Kill's situation. Kill's coordinators remain very much in his corner.
- RB Melvin Gordon is eager to return for Wisconsin this week. TE Jacob Pedersen also looks forward to returning to the field. Coach Gary Andersen reaches out to former Badgers players.
- Penn State needs some takeaways in the worst way. Despite two early losses, the Lions say they have plenty to play for. Penn State could bring back "Sweet Caroline" for Saturday's game after doing so against Kent State.
- Nebraska coach Bo Pelini has some interesting thoughts on hurry-up offenses. Young Huskers LBs Michael Rose and Jared Afalava are movin' on up.
- If LB Jake Ryan returns, Michigan will have added flexibility with Brennen Beyer. Will the Wolverines let Devin Funchess run wild again? Michigan gets ready for the noise in Happy Valley.
- Despite some shaky moments, Braxton Miller came through for Ohio State. That was an expensive touchdown the Buckeyes scored late Saturday night.
- Northwestern coach Pat Fitzgerald talks about his decision to challenge the spot on Saturday. Another physical test awaits the Wildcats in Madison. An excellent look at the ticket situation for Northwestern at Saturday's game.
- Despite some bright spots on offense, Michigan State still must be better in the red zone. Some good Spartans questions and answers.
- Indiana coach Kevin Wilson might have an offensive background, but he's spending more time with the Hoosiers' defense (subscription required). Pete DiPrimio wonders if IU can finally build on its success. Indiana's quarterbacks aim for Wilson's goal of 70 percent completions.
- Tom Dienhart's latest Big Ten bowl projections. Indiana's up-tempo offense will be tested Saturday in East Lansing.
- Illinois' latest commit for the 2014 class has a familiar name.
- Some quick thoughts on Iowa's loss. The Hawkeyes lost to a Michigan school but added a recruit from Detroit. The open week gives Iowa a chance to heal up.
- Purdue's Rob Henry shows he's a team-first guy by moving to safety. The Boilers' newest commit could play on either side of the ball.
- Dennis Dodd likes the look of the College Football Playoff selection committee.
Challenges Facing Franklin at Penn State
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Washington State 45 Colorado State 48 Final 20 Fresno State 20 25 USC 45 Final Buffalo 24 San Diego State 49 Final Tulane 21 Louisiana-Lafayette 24
Final Pittsburgh 30 Bowling Green 27 Final Utah State 21 23 Northern Illinois 14
Final Marshall 31 Maryland 20 Final Syracuse 21 Minnesota 17 Final Brigham Young 16 Washington 31
Final Rutgers 16 Notre Dame 29 Final Cincinnati 17 North Carolina 39 Final Miami (FL) 9 18 Louisville 36 Final Michigan 14 Kansas State 31
Final Middle Tennessee 6 Navy 24 Final Ole Miss 25 Georgia Tech 17 Final 10 Oregon 30 Texas 7 Final 14 Arizona State 23 Texas Tech 37
Final Arizona 42 Boston College 19 Final Virginia Tech 12 17 UCLA 42 Final Rice 7 Mississippi State 44 Final 24 Duke 48 21 Texas A&M 52
Final Nebraska 24 22 Georgia 19 Final UNLV 14 North Texas 36 Final Iowa 14 16 LSU 21 Final 19 Wisconsin 24 9 South Carolina 34 Final 5 Stanford 20 4 Michigan State 24 Final 15 UCF 52 6 Baylor 42
Final 13 Oklahoma State 31 8 Missouri 41 Final 12 Clemson 40 7 Ohio State 35