Big Ten lunchtime links
- Minnesota AD Norwood Teague tells John Feinstein that he wants Jerry Kill to coach there for a very long time. Former Gophers players weigh in on Kill's situation. Kill's coordinators remain very much in his corner.
- RB Melvin Gordon is eager to return for Wisconsin this week. TE Jacob Pedersen also looks forward to returning to the field. Coach Gary Andersen reaches out to former Badgers players.
- Penn State needs some takeaways in the worst way. Despite two early losses, the Lions say they have plenty to play for. Penn State could bring back "Sweet Caroline" for Saturday's game after doing so against Kent State.
- Nebraska coach Bo Pelini has some interesting thoughts on hurry-up offenses. Young Huskers LBs Michael Rose and Jared Afalava are movin' on up.
- If LB Jake Ryan returns, Michigan will have added flexibility with Brennen Beyer. Will the Wolverines let Devin Funchess run wild again? Michigan gets ready for the noise in Happy Valley.
- Despite some shaky moments, Braxton Miller came through for Ohio State. That was an expensive touchdown the Buckeyes scored late Saturday night.
- Northwestern coach Pat Fitzgerald talks about his decision to challenge the spot on Saturday. Another physical test awaits the Wildcats in Madison. An excellent look at the ticket situation for Northwestern at Saturday's game.
- Despite some bright spots on offense, Michigan State still must be better in the red zone. Some good Spartans questions and answers.
- Indiana coach Kevin Wilson might have an offensive background, but he's spending more time with the Hoosiers' defense (subscription required). Pete DiPrimio wonders if IU can finally build on its success. Indiana's quarterbacks aim for Wilson's goal of 70 percent completions.
- Tom Dienhart's latest Big Ten bowl projections. Indiana's up-tempo offense will be tested Saturday in East Lansing.
- Illinois' latest commit for the 2014 class has a familiar name.
- Some quick thoughts on Iowa's loss. The Hawkeyes lost to a Michigan school but added a recruit from Detroit. The open week gives Iowa a chance to heal up.
- Purdue's Rob Henry shows he's a team-first guy by moving to safety. The Boilers' newest commit could play on either side of the ball.
- Dennis Dodd likes the look of the College Football Playoff selection committee.
Nebraska Cornhuskers, Ohio State Buckeyes, Penn State Nittany Lions, Wisconsin Badgers, Big Ten Conference, Illinois Fighting Illini, Iowa Hawkeyes, Michigan State Spartans, Michigan Wolverines, Indiana Hoosiers, Minnesota Golden Gophers, Northwestern Wildcats, Purdue Boilermakers, Jerry Kill, Braxton Miller, Jacob Pedersen, Pat Fitzgerald, Devin Funchess, Kevin Wilson, Gary Andersen, Brennen Beyer, Jared Afalava, Norwood Teague
Big Ten Weekend Wrap: Oct. 28
NITTANYNATION RECRUITING NEWS
PSU FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Penn State retweeted
- Penn State Athletics retweeted
- BSD retweeted
- Penn State Football retweeted
- Big Ten Conference retweeted
- Derek Levarse retweeted
- Derek Levarse retweeted
2014 Big Ten STANDINGS
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
12:00 PM ET Northwestern Iowa 12:00 PM ET Maryland Penn State 12:00 PM ET Wisconsin Rutgers 3:30 PM ET Purdue 15 Nebraska 3:30 PM ET Indiana Michigan 8:00 PM ET Illinois 16 Ohio State