Big Ten lunchtime links
October, 18, 2013
By Josh Moyer | ESPN.com
Someone needs to do this for the Big Ten.
- Minnesota coach Jerry Kill has returned home from a Michigan epilepsy clinic, but there's still no timetable for his return. He's not expected to travel to the game in Evanston, Ill.
- Iowa's Anthony Hitchens was recruited as a safety and even thought about playing offense early on. But, after gaining 40 pounds over his career, he's found a home an weakside linebacker and is one of the most improved players since last season.
- Braxton Miller acknowledged this week that he hasn't been 100 percent healthy and, against Northwestern, "wasn't fully myself through that whole game." He and head coach Urban Meyer are working on getting him back to full speed.
- Mike Poorman takes a closer look at Bill O'Brien's career and record after 18 games with Penn State.
- Does Illinois, which ranks 97th in run defense, really stand a chance at slowing down Wisconsin? Safety Earnest Thomas knows everybody's counting the Illini out but, "We don't care."
- The "freshman" tag still applies to Wisconsin cornerbacks Sojourn Shelton and Jakarrie Washington. But the two have seen a lot of time on the field, and Shelton said he doesn't feel like a freshman anymore.
- Historically, Indiana hasn't stood much of a chance against Michigan. The Wolverines have won 17 straight over the Hoosiers, including 32 of the last 33.
- Northwestern coach Pat Fitzgerald has obviously played a huge role in his team's success, but athletic director Jim Phillips has also helped the school find success in football and other sports.
- True freshman quarterback Danny Etling and the Boilermakers know moving the ball won't come easy Saturday against one of the nation's top defenses.
- Mike Griffith takes a closer look at the position-by-position matchups in the Purdue-Michigan State game and, unsurprisingly, the Spartans have the edge at nearly every spot.
NITTANYNATION RECRUITING NEWS
PSU FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Derek Levarse retweeted
- ESPN BigTen retweeted
- Derek Levarse retweeted
- Jeff Nelson retweeted
- Josh Moyer retweeted
2014 Big Ten STANDINGS
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Iowa 24 Pittsburgh 20 Final Eastern Michigan 14 11 Michigan State 73 Final Western Illinois 7 Northwestern 24 Final Southern Illinois 13 Purdue 35 Final Bowling Green 17 19 Wisconsin 68 Final Maryland 34 Syracuse 20 Final Utah 26 Michigan 10 Final Rutgers 31 Navy 24 Final Massachusetts 7 Penn State 48 Final San Jose State 7 Minnesota 24 Final Texas State 35 Illinois 42 Final Indiana 31 18 Missouri 27 Final Miami (FL) 31 24 Nebraska 41