Week in review: NittanyNation
January, 20, 2013
By Josh Moyer | ESPN.com
NittanyNation takes a look at this week’s Penn State football news and what you might have missed:
- What kind of quarterback is Tyler Ferguson? Half of the opposing coaches he faced last season were asked that very question.
- Three-star LB Jonathan Walton explained why he decommitted and said PSU hadn't been in contact with him all that much since his official visit.
- Several commits were highlighted along with their scouting reports, rankings and projected impact. Those players included Andrew Nelson, Tanner Hartman, Adam Breneman, Anthony Smith and Christian Hackenberg.
- Former PSU wideout Shawney Kersey, who left PSU after Week 2, transferred to Marshall.
- In the bi-weekly mailbag, we answered questions about O'Brien's biggest challenge, 2014 recruits and John Butler.
- 2014 RB Robert Martin (Harrisburg, Pa./Harrisburg) took part in NittanyNation's weekly "5 Questions" and said he liked PSU in large part because O'Brien can get players to the next level.
- Bill O'Brien earned his third national coaching honor by receiving the Bear Bryant Award.
- Preferred walk-on Evan Galimberti said in a Q&A that PSU wants to try him out at all center, guard and tackle to see where he fits best.
- The high school coach of preferred walk-on Von Walker explained what makes the senior stick out and what his strengths are.
- 2014 WR Saeed Blacknall earned a visit from O'Brien -- but he wasn't the only one. OT Juwann Bushell-Beatty also saw PSU's head coach, and class of 2015 ATH Kai Locksley has been garnering some early interest from PSU.
- Heading into this weekend, Neiko Robinson couldn't wait to see Happy Valley and wanted to see the stadium the most.
- 2014 LB Kyle Berger received a Penn State offer. Then, in a Q&A, he addressed fans' concerns that he'll end up being an OSU commit.
- Looking ahead to the 2014 class and breaking down each position.
Instant Awesome: Franklin's Daughter Dominates
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Eastern Illinois 20 Minnesota 42 Final Rutgers 41 Washington State 38
8:30 AM ET Penn State UCF 12:00 PM ET Indiana State Indiana 12:00 PM ET Northern Iowa Iowa 12:00 PM ET Appalachian State Michigan 12:00 PM ET 5 Ohio State Navy 12:00 PM ET Western Michigan Purdue 12:05 PM ET Youngstown State Illinois 3:30 PM ET James Madison Maryland 3:30 PM ET Florida Atlantic 22 Nebraska 3:30 PM ET California Northwestern 9:00 PM ET 14 Wisconsin 13 LSU