NittanyNation week in review
May, 12, 2013
By Josh Moyer | ESPN.com
NittanyNation takes a look at this past week's Penn State football news and what you might have missed:
- PSU welcomed two new commits on Friday, landing safety Marcus Allen and then linebacker Jared Wangler later on. Allen has come a long way since playing JV linebacker, while Wangler's coach said his work ethic helps separate the linebacker. Wangler also later recounted his commitment day in depth.
- Five-star CB Jabrill Peppers is down to just four schools -- and it turns out PSU is one of the remaining choices. He'll visit Penn State on May 18.
- The coach of Penn State recruit Daquan Worley called his player fast, tough and physical . Worley also talked about his commitment and said he wasn't always a lock for PSU .
- 2015 CB John Reid already has double-digit scholarship offers , but he said he's nowhere close to naming any favorites.
- ESPN 150 CB Dravon Henry hasn't seen his recruitment get any easier since he named a top four about two months ago.
- Joe Schad reports that Steven Bench is considering a transfer to NC State in addition to Mississippi State and South Florida.
- Bill O'Brien said fans should not expect a "mass exodus" anytime soon. And Adam Rittenberg writes that O'Brien is also embracing his role in PSU's outreach.
- Jared Shanker took a lighthearted look at recruiting pitches in the Big Ten, including what each team is selling and what each team is missing.
- PSU is the first major program to start recruiting 2015 QB Ryan Brand , and the rising junior is thrilled.
- 2015 LB Jerome Baker may live in Ohio, but he said he actually grew up a Penn State fan in this past week's edition of "5 Questions."
- Incoming run-on kicker Chris Gulla addressed his chance at starting and what fans can expect from him at the position.
- DT Jeremiah Clarke named his top six schools and PSU made the cut.
- Like a lot of B1G teams, PSU is after a 2015 OT who is already 6-foot-8 and 295 pounds .
- We took a closer look at Penn State's big board when it comes to DBs .
Drive Through: What's Wrong With The Big Ten?
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Delayed Utah Michigan 4:40 4th Qtr Rutgers 31 Navy 24 11:20 4th Qtr Massachusetts 7 Penn State 48 Delayed San Jose State Minnesota Delayed Texas State Illinois 0:38 3rd Qtr Indiana 24 18 Missouri 17 8:00 PM ET Miami (FL) 24 Nebraska Final Iowa 24 Pittsburgh 20 Final Eastern Michigan 14 11 Michigan State 73 Final Western Illinois 7 Northwestern 24 Final Southern Illinois 13 Purdue 35 Final Bowling Green 17 19 Wisconsin 68 Final Maryland 34 Syracuse 20