Playoff scenarios: It comes down to No. 162
* If the Rangers win Sunday and the Rays lose, the Rangers will be in the AL wild-card game on Wednesday. They would play the Indians in Cleveland on Wednesday at 7:07 p.m. CT on TBS/ESPN Dallas 103.3 FM.
* If the Rangers win, the Rays win and the Indians win, the Rangers and Rays would play on Monday to determine which team went to Cleveland for the wild-card game Wednesday. Since the Rangers won the season series with Tampa Bay, the game would be in Arlington at 7:07 p.m. CT on TBS/ESPN Dallas 103.3 FM.
* If the Rangers win, the Rays win and the Indians lose, there's a three-way tie for the wild card. That's where things get fun. Tampa would play the Indians in Cleveland on Monday. The winner would get one of the wild-card spots, while the loser would head to Texas to play the Rangers on Tuesday at 3:07 p.m. CT on TBS/ESPN Dallas 103.3 FM. The winner of that game would be the other wild-card team. If the Rangers end up playing Tampa Bay in Wednesday's wild-card game, it would be in Texas. If they play the Indians, it would be in Cleveland.
* If the Rangers lose and the Rays win, the Rangers are out of the playoffs and the Rays would play Cleveland in the wild-card game.
* If the Rangers lose and the Rays lose, the two teams would play on Monday in Arlington.
Make sense? Well, we'll know more Sunday. But the bottom line is a Rangers win means they will definitely be playing past Sunday. Cleveland's win over the Twins on Saturday guarantees that no matter what they do Sunday, they'll be playing another game, as well.
103.3 FM ESPN PODCASTS
Play Podcast Rangers GM Jon Daniels joins Fitzsimmons and Durrett to tackle the tough questions after his team failed to advance to the playoffs.
Play Podcast Nolan Ryan joins Galloway and Company to discuss having Nelson Cruz back in the lineup and how the Rangers are feeling heading into their wild-card play-in game against the Rays.
Play Podcast ESPN Insider and senior MLB analyst Jim Bowden joins Fitzsimmons and Durrett to discuss the wild-card race and the Rangers' chances of making the playoffs.
Play Podcast Chuck Cooperstein joins Ian Fitzsimmons and Tim MacMahon to discuss why he feels Rangers pitcher Yu Darvish isn't an ace.
Play Podcast Elvis Andrus joins Galloway and Company to discuss the Rangers' stretch run and the morale level in their clubhouse.
Play Podcast Nolan Ryan joins Galloway and Company to discuss the latest Rangers news, including the team's struggles, Ron Washington's job security and a rumored trade with the Braves.
Play Podcast Ron Washington joins Ian Fitzsimmons and Tim MacMahon to discuss the Rangers' dismal September, who's to blame for their September struggles and his status as the team's manager.
Play Podcast Fitzsimmons and Durrett discuss how some people are calling for the Rangers to fire manager Ron Washington.