- Kieran Darcy, ESPNNewYork.com
- 0 Shares
Still, Manning won't be thrilled with his performance on Thursday, after throwing a pair of interceptions.
The first came on the very first 11-on-11 play of the day. Manning hoisted a deep ball down the left side of the field, intended for Victor Cruz. But the ball was overthrown, and ended up in the hands of cornerback Prince Amukamara.
A little later, during 7-on-7 drills, Manning aimed a somewhat shorter pass for Cruz on the righthand side, but cornerback Corey Webster stepped in front to snag the ball.
As for the rest of practice:
• Nassib actually made some excellent throws on Thursday, including hooking up with rookie wideout Kevin Hardy on a pair of long balls down the right sideline. Hardy, a rookie free agent from the Citadel, was impressive in reeling in the passes, too.
• Carr also made a long connection to wide receiver Ramses Barden during 7-on-7 drills. During 11-on-11s, however, Carr delivered a short pass to wideout Jerrel Jernigan that Jernigan let bounce right off his chest. Not good for Jernigan, who was relegated to the third string on the unofficial depth chart the team released on Thursday.
• One more piece of quarterback news -- Curtis Painter, who's only getting limited snaps to begin with, had a fumbled exchange from center during 11-on-11s, which never looks good.
• Tight end Adrien Robinson looked impressive Thursday, with three nice catches during 11-on-11s, including one on which he had to extend his hands to gather in the ball.
• Reserve cornerback Laron Scott had an interception at the very end of practice, during red-zone work, defending Barden.
• Defensive tackle Cullen Jenkins missed practice because his grandmother passed away. Jenkins was listed as a starter on the depth chart released Thursday. He was replaced by Shaun Rogers on the first unit.
• Mark Herzlich, Spencer Paysinger and Keith Rivers were listed as the starting linebackers, but Jacquian Williams also got some snaps with the first team. Also, rookie first-round pick Justin Pugh saw a little action with the starters at right tackle.
• Practice was held indoors because of the inclement weather, for the first time in camp. Thursday's practice was supposed to be the first with full pads, but that plan changed when practice was moved indoors.
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Eli Manning isn't competing for the Giants' starting quarterback job, like the Jets' Mark Sanchez is up north in Cortland, N.Y.