- Rich Cimini, ESPN Staff Writer
- 0 Shares
Once again, it's Barkevious Mingo.
On Thursday, ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper released his mock draft 4.0 and, not surprisingly, he projects the Jets will select the undersized pass rusher from LSU with the ninth overall pick. In the second round, he has Stanford TE Zach Ertz to the Jets at 39 overall.
Kiper has been consistent with Mingo-to-the-Jets. You can check out the entire first round, but here are Kiper's top nine:
1. Chiefs -- Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
2. Jaguars -- Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU
3. Raiders -- Sharriff Floyd, DT, Florida
4. Eagles -- Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
5. Lions -- Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
6. Browns -- Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon
7. Cardinals -- Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
8. Bills -- Jonathan Cooper, G, North Carolina
9. Jets -- Barkevious Mingo, OLB, LSU
Kiper's take: This is a pick I'm sticking with, because I really like the fit. The Jets need an athletic difference-maker on the edge for Rex Ryan. I've said before the interior of the defensive line should be a strength with Muhammad Wilkerson and Quinton Coples, but the Jets need edge speed. Mingo is a freak athlete and could become a star under Ryan's tutelage.