Brunchtime links: UNC edition
March, 1, 2013
By Robbi Pickeral | ESPN.com
Some North Carolina hoops-related links after the Tar Heels' win at Clemson:
- The Tar Heels took out the Tigers -- although they allowed Clemson to close to within seven points with a minute to go, writes Harold Gutmann of The Herald Sun. “That’s something we can’t do against better teams,” guard Dexter Strickland said. “We had our foot on their neck, we just have to keep it on their neck the whole second half.”
- North Carolina is still looking for balance, writes Brandon Moree of The Daily Tar Heel. “The biggest thing is that now we’ve stuck with (this lineup) and been somewhat successful with it, the biggest thing is just trying to work at it and get better,” James Michael McAdoo said. “And it has given us confidence, especially on the offensive end, just to see, I feel like we have a lot more firepower.
- There were peaks and valleys in the win, writes Greg Barnes of Inside Carolina.
- UNC gets by Clemson, writes Andrew Carter of The News & Observer.
- Adam Lucas of goheels.com writes about an awkward elevator moment after the game.