Irish recruiting roundup
January, 30, 2013
By Matt Fortuna | ESPN.com
Seven days till signing day ...
- Notre Dame remains No. 3 in ESPN's Class of 2013 rankings, trailing No. 1 Florida and No. 2 Alabama.
- RecruitingNation gathers some prized prospects' favorite memories from the trail.
- A couple other relevant, big-picture recruiting items this week: Michael Rothstein on social media, Chantel Jennings on 7-on-7 and Mitch Sherman on the new rules.
- Colleague Travis Haney ranks the top 10 recruiting head coaches, with Notre Dame's Brian Kelly coming in at No. 9.
- From Sunday: Four-star tight end Durham Smythe (Belton, Texas/Belton) committed to Notre Dame. Here's a look at what that does to the Irish's 2013 class.
- ESPN 150 athlete and Irish commit Tarean Folston (Cocoa, Fla./Cocoa) is struggling with his decision, and he will decide between the Irish and Auburn on national signing day, our Corey Long writes.
- ESPN 150 defensive end and former USC commit Kylie Fitts (Redlands, Calif./Redlands East Valley) enjoyed his official visit to Notre DAme this past weekend, and he will announce his decision on signing day, our Blair Angulo writes.
- ESPN300 running back and Irish de-commit Jamel James (Katy, Texas/Cinco Ranch) committed Sunday to Texas State, our Damon Sayles writes.