Irish recruiting roundup
August, 14, 2013
By Matt Fortuna | ESPN.com
Here's what's happenin' ...
- Notre Dame is No. 10 in the latest ESPN Class of 2014 team recruiting rankings .
- Our Brad Bournival looks at the top 11 uncommitted Class of 2015 prospects from the Midwest , including six Notre Dame has a chance of landing: top overall prospect, defensive end Jashon Cornell (St. Paul, Minn./Cretin-Derham Hall); four-star defensive tackle Hjalte Froholdt (Warren, Ohio/Warren G. Harding), four-star athlete Shaun Crawford (Lakewood, Ohio/Saint Edward), four-star defensive tackle Elijah Taylor (Cincinnati/Moeller), four-star quarterback James Morgan (Green Bay, Wis./Ashwaubenon) and four-star wide receiver David Dowell (Lakewood, Ohio/Saint Edward).
- Our Damon Sayles looks at the 10 remaining uncommitted ESPN300 prospects from the Midlands , including two more that the Irish have a chance of getting: Defensive end Solomon Thomas (Coppell, Texas/Coppell) and cornerback Nick Watkins (Dallas/Bishop Dunne). The Irish have also offered offensive guard Braden Smith (Olathe, Kan./Olathe South). The Irish are one of nine teams with a shot at landing a visit from Watkins , Sayles writes.
- Purdue is trying very hard to hold on to three-star outside linebacker Drue Tranquill (Fort Wayne, Ind./Carroll), who is visiting Notre Dame on Saturday.
- Our Erik McKinney mentions ESPN300 safety Bishard "Budda" Baker (Bellevue, Wash./Bellevue) as a "must-have" Washington recruit, though the Irish are in the mix with several other teams for Baker .
- Our Brad Bournival looks at Notre Dame and seven other schools' pitches for ESPN300 offensive guard Damien Mama (Bellflower, Calif./St. John Bosco).
- Notre Dame is in the top-three for four-star running back Nathan Starks (Greenwood Village, Colo./Cherry Creek), our William Wilkerson writes.
FIGHTING IRISH NATION RECRUITING NEWS
NOTRE DAME FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Justin Tuck retweeted
- FIDM retweeted
- FIDM retweeted