Irish lunch links
September, 13, 2013
By Matt Fortuna | ESPN.com
Friday the 13th. My favorite. (Seriously.)
- Purdue is one of many Big Ten teams with a chance to seize an opportunity this weekend, colleague Adam Rittenberg writes.
- Insider Phil Steele makes his picks for this weekend's games.
- Purdue will be without its leading receiver, tight end Gabe Holmes, Mike Carmin writes in the Lafayette Journal and Courier.
- Amir Carlisle learned a lot from his father Duane, who now works at Purdue, JJ Stankevitz writes on CSNChicago.com.
- Notre Dame's freshmen running backs are ready if needed, Dan Murphy writes on BlueandGold.com.
- The Irish have come to grips with a missed opportunity, Tim Prister writes on IrishIllustrated.com.
- The South Bend Tribune's Al Lesar says that Bennett Jackson needs to be a calming voice for the defense.
- A little off-the-beaten path, but the Chicago Tribune's David Haugh has a nice column on Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman's return to his alma mater, Notre Dame, this week.
UConn Names Bob Diaco Head Coach