Friday the 13th. My favorite. (Seriously.)
- Purdue is one of many Big Ten teams with a chance to seize an opportunity this weekend, colleague Adam Rittenberg writes.
- Insider Phil Steele makes his picks for this weekend's games.
- Purdue will be without its leading receiver, tight end Gabe Holmes, Mike Carmin writes in the Lafayette Journal and Courier.
- Amir Carlisle learned a lot from his father Duane, who now works at Purdue, JJ Stankevitz writes on CSNChicago.com.
- Notre Dame's freshmen running backs are ready if needed, Dan Murphy writes on BlueandGold.com.
- The Irish have come to grips with a missed opportunity, Tim Prister writes on IrishIllustrated.com.
- The South Bend Tribune's Al Lesar says that Bennett Jackson needs to be a calming voice for the defense.
- A little off-the-beaten path, but the Chicago Tribune's David Haugh has a nice column on Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman's return to his alma mater, Notre Dame, this week.
ND Bringing Football Back To Fenway
FBS INDEP. SCOREBOARD
3:21 3rd Qtr Tulane 14 Louisiana-Lafayette 21 Final Washington State 45 Colorado State 48 Final 20 Fresno State 20 25 USC 45 Final Buffalo 24 San Diego State 49
6:00 PM ET Pittsburgh Bowling Green 9:30 PM ET Utah State 23 Northern Illinois
2:30 PM ET Marshall Maryland 6:00 PM ET Syracuse Minnesota 9:30 PM ET Brigham Young Washington
12:00 PM ET Rutgers Notre Dame 3:20 PM ET Cincinnati North Carolina 6:45 PM ET Miami (FL) 18 Louisville 10:15 PM ET Michigan Kansas State
11:45 AM ET Middle Tennessee Navy 3:15 PM ET Ole Miss Georgia Tech 6:45 PM ET 10 Oregon Texas 10:15 PM ET 14 Arizona State Texas Tech
12:30 PM ET Arizona Boston College 2:00 PM ET Virginia Tech 17 UCLA 4:00 PM ET Rice Mississippi State 8:00 PM ET 24 Duke 21 Texas A&M
12:00 PM ET Nebraska 22 Georgia 12:00 PM ET UNLV North Texas 1:00 PM ET Iowa 16 LSU 1:00 PM ET 19 Wisconsin 9 South Carolina 5:00 PM ET 5 Stanford 4 Michigan State 8:30 PM ET 15 UCF 6 Baylor
7:30 PM ET 13 Oklahoma State 8 Missouri 8:30 PM ET 12 Clemson 7 Ohio State