SEC lunchtime links
October, 14, 2013
By Alex Scarborough | ESPN.com
What a wild weekend of college football it was. Now that it's Monday, it's time to start the process all over again.
- Alabama's defense garnered its fair share of criticism after surrendering a school record 628 yards to Texas A&M. But that seems like long ago as the Tide defense suddenly ranks among the best in the SEC and the nation, statistically speaking.
- Nick Marshall wasn't healthy enough to go against Western Carolina, but he was available in case of emergency. Twenty-four hours later, Auburn's starting quarterback is back to full speed with Texas A&M on the horizon.
- There was nothing pretty about Arkansas' homecoming loss to South Carolina this weekend. The Razorbacks are reeling and coach Bret Bielema is asking his team to remember what happened so they never let it happen again.
- It has taken a while, but LSU's young defense looks to be finding the right combinations after holding down Florida's offense Saturday.
- Remember when all we could talk about was Johnny Manziel's troubling off-the-field antics? That seems like a distant memory as Texas A&M's quarterback is thrilling on the football field again.
- Drake in a Johnny Manziel jersey? Drake in a Johnny Manziel jersey.
- Tennessee is out to show that its close call against Georgia wasn't a fluke.
- Ole Miss linebacker Serderius Bryant appears to have suffered a concussion this past weekend against Texas A&M. And according to Rebels coach Hugh Freeze, "things look good."
- There was nothing pretty about Kentucky's 48-7 loss to Alabama on Saturday. But the second half of the season should be easier for the Wildcats.