SEC lunchtime links
October, 17, 2013
By Alex Scarborough | ESPN.com
The government shutdown is over. Now we can get back to the business of helping government workers on their lunch hours.
- He was asked time and time again this week whether his undefeated, top-ranked Alabama Crimson Tide would overlook unranked Arkansas at home. Well Nick Saban answered definitively in the negative last night.
- Auburn cornerback Chris Davis sees Saturday's game against the Aggies as a challenge. He already thinks of himself as one of the best defenders in the SEC and he knows Texas A&M wideout Mike Evans is one of the best at his position in the conference, too.
- Arkansas athletic director Jeff Long steps into a prestigious position leading the College Football Playoff as its committee chairman.
- Tennessee has had its ups and downs this season, but its starting tailback Rajion Neal has continued to improve.
- Why star rapper Wale was on Ole Miss' campus is still something of a mystery. But he was there and Hugh Freeze got to talk about it.
- Normally stout against the run, Florida got gashed up the middle by LSU and Jeremy Hill.
- How healthy is LSU at this point? Considering it's been seven weeks, Les Miles says the Tigers are in a good place.
- What's the sound? That's opportunity knocking for Missouri's Maty Mauk.
3:05 4th Qtr 14 Wisconsin 24 13 LSU 28 Suspended Idaho 0 Florida 0
Final Tennessee-Martin 14 Kentucky 59 Final South Dakota State 18 24 Missouri 38 Final West Virginia 23 2 Alabama 33 Final Arkansas 21 6 Auburn 45 Final 16 Clemson 21 12 Georgia 45 Final Southern Miss 0 Mississippi State 49
Final 21 Texas A&M 52 9 South Carolina 28 Final Boise State 13 18 Ole Miss 35 Final Temple 37 Vanderbilt 7