SEC lunchtime links
November, 15, 2013
By Alex Scarborough | ESPN.com
It's Friday, which means it's time for the SEC Mailbag. Submit your questions or comments about everything from the battle in the East to the Heisman Trophy race to whether or not Alabama will repeat as national champions. Anything you want to talk about, it's easy: get on Twitter and use the hashtag #SECMailbag or tweet directly at me to have your questions answered on the blog later today.
- Believe it or not, not everything has been up to speed for Alabama of late. The special teams has been "lackadaisical" according to one specialist.
- Take a walk down memory lane with the top 10 games between Auburn and Georgia -- also known as the Deep South's Oldest Rivalry.
- The season hasn't gone as many hoped at Vanderbilt, but there's reason for some optimism heading into next year as many of the team's sophomores are hitting their strides.
- Their future is in the NFL, but as the season winds down there's work to do now for many of Tennessee's offensive linemen.
- It wasn't only football Nick Marshall left behind when he left Georgia. Hoops coach Mark Fox wanted him to play basketball as well.
- Expect Ole Miss running back Jeff Scott to play this weekend, but coaches say he won't have to shoulder the entire load.
- The Florida game is personal for South Carolina tailback Mike Davis. He has a new tattoo to prove it.
- Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin's appearance at a Drake concert turned heads, but it shows just how crazy he is about recruiting.
- In yet another sign of how far the Florida program has fallen lately, Will Muschamp says to expect redshirt freshman Skyler Mornhinweg to start against South Carolina.