SEC lunchtime links
November, 21, 2013
By Sam Khan Jr. | ESPN.com
Lots of good stuff out there from around the SEC today. Let's dive into some of the best headlines in the lunch links:
- He's Alabama's best defensive player and maybe the Crimson Tide's best player, period. This year, linebacker C.J. Mosley has made the most of his senior season and not held anything back -- not even his on-field demeanor.
- With a spread offense, there isn't always a spot for a fullback or H-back, but there is in Gus Malzahn's scheme and Jay Prosch has been a real key to the success of the Auburn running game this season.
- Missouri receiver Dorial Green-Beckham had a huge day in the Tigers' last victory, catching seven passes for 100 yards and four touchdowns against Kentucky. Could that be a sign of things to come for the sophomore?
- Jadeveon Clowney might not be the only Gamecocks player declaring for early entry into the NFL draft. Two other defensive starters -- defensive tackle Kelcy Quarles and cornerback Victor Hampton -- will consider the option after the season.
- Despite what others on campus might say or feel, Texas A&M president R. Bowen Loftin is sticking to his original proclamation of "anytime, anywhere," when it comes to playing in-state rival Texas and thinks at some point in time, it will happen.
- Coaches often emphasize rushing the passer and protecting their own quarterback as keys to winning. LSU's Les Miles is no different, noting the Tigers have to do that this weekend.
- With Tyler Russell and Dak Prescott dealing with injuries, Mississippi State freshman Damian Williams could make his first start at quarterback on Saturday for the Bulldogs.
- Jordan Matthews continues to set records and the Vanderbilt receiver is on the verge of setting another this weekend against Tennessee.
- With Skyler Mornhinweg possibly set to start for an injured Tyler Murphy at quarterback, the Gators backup is a senior walk-on and scout team quarterback, Christian Provancha.
Final 21 Texas A&M 52 9 South Carolina 28 Final Boise State 13 18 Ole Miss 35 Final Temple 37 Vanderbilt 7
Suspended Idaho 0 Florida 0
Final Tennessee-Martin 14 Kentucky 59 Final South Dakota State 18 24 Missouri 38 Final West Virginia 23 2 Alabama 33 Final Arkansas 21 6 Auburn 45 Final 16 Clemson 21 12 Georgia 45 Final Southern Miss 0 Mississippi State 49 Final 14 Wisconsin 24 13 LSU 28