SEC lunchtime links
November, 29, 2013
By Greg Ostendorf | ESPN.com
It was a good start to Week 13 with a thriller in the Egg Bowl. There still are plenty of games to be played, including Saturday’s Iron Bowl. Let’s take a look around the SEC:
- Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron can make a case for the Heisman Trophy with a strong performance against Auburn on Saturday.
- Gus Malzahn has turned Auburn’s program around in just one year. His signature gesture points the program to an even higher goal.
- Defensive end Michael Sam, a former-two-star recruit, has emerged as one of the SEC’s top pass rushers, giving Missouri’s defense an edge.
- Jadeveon Clowney took a shot at Clemson quarterback Tajh Boyd over the summer, and he’ll get a chance to back it up Saturday in the Palmetto Bowl.
- LSU fullback Connor Neighbors worked his way from afterthought to playing a key role in the Tigers’ offense this season.
- Johnny Manziel expects to bounce back Saturday at Missouri.
- Dak Prescott wasn’t expected to play for Mississippi State on Thursday, but he came in during the fourth quarter and led the Bulldogs past Ole Miss in the Egg Bowl.
- Georgia’s Ramik Wilson making the most of a move to inside linebacker.
- Florida State legend Bobby Bowden has coached in his fair share of Florida-FSU games, but he doesn’t remember the gap ever being this wide.
- Running back Wesley Tate eyes big finish to his up-and-down career at Vanderbilt.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/sec