SEC lunchtime links
December, 24, 2013
By Sam Khan Jr. | ESPN.com
Hope everyone is enjoying their holiday season. We've started bowl season, too, so there are plenty of storylines across the league. Here are a few of them:
- What makes Auburn's running game so successful, and at times unstoppable? It's the multitude of concepts the Tigers employ, which AL.com breaks down here.
- Alabama defensive end LaMichael Fanning, who has been suspended since the middle of the season, will transfer to Jacksonville State.
- The family of a construction worker who fell to his death during the renovation project of Texas A&M's Kyle Field is suing six construction companies and contractors related to the project.
- Georgia will be without safety Josh Harvey-Clemons and cornerback Sheldon Dawson in the Taxslayer.com Gator Bowl on Jan. 1, as both were suspended for violating team rules.
- Missouri junior defensive end Kony Ealy, part of one of the best pass-rushing units in the country this season, is weighing whether to return to school or go pro.
- Injuries nagged South Carolina running back Mike Davis late in the season, but he says now that is "health is good," as the Gamecocks prepare for the Capital One Bowl.
- LSU's Travis Dural, who caught the game-winning touchdown against Arkansas, has been buried on the depth chart behind Odell Beckham and Jarvis Landry but could see his role grow significantly next year.
- In its search for an offensive coordinator, Florida's search has turned to Duke offensive coordinator Kurt Roper, whom Will Muschamp met with on Monday.
- With seniors Jordan Matthews and Jonathan Krause set to move on, Vanderbilt needs its younger receivers to develop quickly.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/sec