SEC lunchtime links
January, 16, 2014
By David Ching | ESPN.com
Lots of coaches are taking their talents to new locations these days. Let's take a look at what is happening around the SEC.
- It looks like new defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt will completely rebuild Georgia's defensive staff following the departures of two assistant coaches on Wednesday.
- Auburn's Gus Malzahn was named the Paul “Bear” Bryant National Coach of the Year on Wednesday.
- Steve Spurrier and his staff at South Carolina are getting raises.
- With signing day three weeks away, Auburn's coaching staff is trying to “put the hammer down” on the recruiting trail.
- New offensive line coach Mike Summers says he's thrilled to be at Florida.
- The Tennessean's Jeff Lockridge asks whether Stanford's way will become the way for another academically oriented football program, Vanderbilt.
- Former Commodores coach James Franklin insisted in multiple media appearances that recruits commit to a coach, not to a school.
- Alabama set its spring game date for April 19.
- Mississippi State's leading tackler Benardrick McKinney announced in a YouTube video that he will return for his junior season.
- A teammate tweeted that Texas A&M offensive lineman Cedric Ogbuehi (6-foot-5, 300 pounds) ran a 4.7 time in the 40-yard dash on Wednesday.
- Former Virginia Tech and Auburn assistant Jeff Grimes is taking over as offensive line coach at LSU.
12:00 PM ET South Carolina 21 Clemson 12:00 PM ET 16 Georgia Tech 9 Georgia 12:00 PM ET Kentucky 22 Louisville 3:30 PM ET Florida 3 Florida State 3:30 PM ET 4 Mississippi State 19 Ole Miss 4:00 PM ET Tennessee Vanderbilt 7:45 PM ET 15 Auburn 1 Alabama