As the week comes to a close, there’s still a buzz around national signing day. For the latest SEC news and notes, take a look around the league with Friday’s lunch links.
- Nick Saban addressed comments made by AJ McCarron about certain five-star recruits, saying it was not an on-field issue because ‘none of those guys were playing.’
- As coach Bret Bielema heads into his second season at Arkansas and second season in the SEC, he made it a point of emphasis to add strength up front with the Hogs’ 2014 class.
- Auburn is losing three significant contributors in the secondary. To combat that, the coaches made it a priority in recruiting and focused on signing bigger defensive backs.
- Florida’s new offensive coordinator Kurt Roper has been on campus only a month, but he still had a profound impact on the Gators’ 2014 recruiting class.
- Former LSU quarterback Zach Mettenberger was rising up draft boards this past season until a knee injury cut his senior campaign short. Now he has much to prove as he works towards recovery.
- Mississippi State might not have had the best recruiting class based on rankings, but Dan Mullen stands by his recruiting record and his history of success with undervalued players.
- In only its second season in the SEC, Missouri made it all the way to the SEC title game, so it’s no surprise that the Tigers’ latest recruiting class has some Southern flavor.
- The odds were stacked against new Vanderbilt coach Derek Mason, but he likes his 2014 class and a number of signees who can play multiple positions.
- The faxes poured in Wednesday as recruits made it official where they were going, but for some players, they’re already enrolled and taking classes. Here’s a look at the SEC early enrollees for 2014.