SEC's lunch links
April, 7, 2014
By Jeff Barlis | ESPN.com
There were 80 fires put out and 21 arrests in Lexington on Saturday night after Kentucky defeated Wisconsin to reach Monday night's college basketball national championship game. Whatever happened to "Act like you've been there before?"
- Ole Miss is feeling good after wrapping up its spring with the Grove Bowl on Saturday.
- LSU's quarterback situation is more murky after Saturday's spring game. Linebacker Deion Jones and tight end DeSean Smith had standout performances. In other news about the Tigers, the SEC Network has added former LSU defensive linemen Marcus Spears and Booger McFarland as studio analysts.
- Texas A&M sophomore receiver Ricky Seals-Jones was arrested early on Sunday morning for disorderly conduct.
- In Missouri's first full scrimmage on Saturday, running backs Russell Hansbrough (shoulder) and Marcus Murphy (ankle) were hurt, opening the door for Morgan Steward to put on a show.
- Nick Saban was pleased with Alabama's first scrimmage on Saturday. The Tide have reached the halfway point of their spring session. Five story lines have taken center stage while players have emerged as well.
- South Carolina RB Mike Davis says he measures himself against the SEC's top backs. Tight end Rory Anderson will miss the rest of spring ball after tearing his triceps in Saturday's scrimmage.
- Mississippi State QB Dak Prescott starred in Saturday's scrimmage.
- Auburn is still sorting out its offensive line, as Avery Young moves from right tackle to right guard and Patrick Miller rotates at left and right tackle.
- Georgia's offense outshined the defense in Saturday's scrimmage. Running back Todd Gurley was the standout of the day.
- Quarterback Brandon Allen was sharp in Arkansas' first scrimmage inside Razorback Stadium on Saturday.
- Tennessee quarterbacks have been inconsistent this spring with no leader emerging from the pack. The Vols defense stepped up in Saturday's scrimmage.
- Florida punter Johnny Townsend will miss the rest of spring after surgery on his wrist.
- A mural of Vanderbilt coach Derek Mason's face will be redone after complaints and a petition started by the school's NAACP chapter.
5:05 4th Qtr 20 Missouri 29 Tennessee 13
Final Eastern Kentucky 3 Florida 52 Final Charleston Southern 9 10 Georgia 55 Final South Alabama 12 South Carolina 37 Final 8 Ole Miss 0 Arkansas 30 Final Western Carolina 14 1 Alabama 48 Samford 0 Auburn 0 Vanderbilt 0 Mississippi State 0