SEC's lunch links
April, 9, 2014
By Jeff Barlis | ESPN.com
Ten of the Top 25 tailgating schools reside in the SEC, including all of the top six. Does this surprise anyone?
- Missouri coach Gary Pinkel broke from his norm by commenting on the suspension of WR Dorial Green-Beckham by saying: "It stings me. It stings the players. It stings our fans."
- A whopping 17 players from last season's LSU team will participate in Wednesday's pro day in front of representatives from all 32 NFL teams. Expect quarterback Zach Mettenberger to get extra attention.
- Tennessee announced that it has moved its 2014 season opener against Utah State to Sunday night (Aug. 31), making for a big opening weekend on the SEC Network.
- Steve Spurrier previews South Carolina's spring game on Saturday. He thinks it's a "chance for most of the young guys to show the coaches they can play."
- Georgia coach Mark Richt says the plan for Saturday's G-Day game will be the same as last year. Dawgs quarterback-of-the-future Brice Ramsey has a golden arm.
- Nick Saban says he's looking forward to ex-FSU Seminole Jacob Coker joining his quarterback competition. Alabama's second pro day featured safety Vinnie Sunseri working out six months after surgery for a torn ACL.
- Coach Will Muschamp predicts Florida "will have a good team next year" and fans will see "a good-looking team" in Saturday's spring game.
- Auburn WR Ricardo Louis was the latest Tiger to miss part of spring practice with an injury.
- Mississippi State's Justin Cox has moved to free safety after some struggles at cornerback.
- Arkansas offensive coordinator Jim Chaney said the Razorbacks have to correct some pass protection issues.
- Kentucky coaches laud the strength and conditioning program as the foundation of their football program.
- After a solid spring, expectations are growing for the Ole Miss Rebels.
- Coach Derek Mason discusses Vanderbilt's quarterback competition.
- The Johnny Manziel tour of potential NFL teams continues on Wednesday with Jacksonville.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/sec