SEC lunch links
April, 18, 2014
By Greg Ostendorf | ESPN.com
Alabama, Auburn and Missouri will all hold their spring games this weekend. To get you ready for all the action, be sure to check out Friday’s lunch links.
- Ranking the SEC quarterbacks for 2014: Auburn’s Nick Marshall takes the No. 1 spot.
- Alabama running backs Kenyan Drake and Altee Tenpenny spent Thursday’s practice at the study table, a requirement if either wants to participate in the spring game.
- True freshman quarterback Rafe Peavey is climbing the depth chart at Arkansas in his first spring.
- After Thursday’s practice, the Auburn football team hosted a group of pediatric cancer patients and their families.
- Will Muschamp’s post-spring speaking tour has been part apology for last season and part promise that things will be better for his Florida team in 2014.
- Georgia wrapped up spring practice on Thursday, and the question marks on defense are as abundant as when the Bulldogs started.
- Former Kentucky quarterback Jalen Whitlow opted to transfer earlier this week. His father knows just how painful the decision was to make.
- Missouri spring game storylines: What to watch when the Tigers take the field on Saturday.
- A day after his transfer from Texas A&M was confirmed, former Aggies quarterback Matt Joeckel found a new home at TCU.
- At Tennessee, did any of the quarterbacks emerge from the pack this spring? What impact would the newcomers make? These questions answered and more.
Final Troy 0 13 Georgia 66 Final 6 Texas A&M 58 SMU 6 Final Florida 21 3 Alabama 42 Final Indiana 31 18 Missouri 27 Final Northern Illinois 14 Arkansas 52 Final Mississippi State 34 8 LSU 29 Final 14 South Carolina 48 Vanderbilt 34