SEC lunchtime links
May, 9, 2014
By Edward Aschoff | ESPN.com
Thursday night's draft was pretty entertaining, but let's not forget that the real entertainment starts next week when the greatest superhero ever returns!
- Johnny Manziel said he truly believed he was supposed to get drafted by the Cleveland Browns on Thursday night.
- South Carolina fans celebrate Jadeveon Clowney being drafted first overall by the Houston Texans.
- Former Auburn defensive end Dee Ford's draft party takes a turn for the inspirational after he was selected 23rd overall by the Kansas City Chiefs during the first round of the NFL draft.
- Former Missouri running back Henry Josey is ready to prove himself in the NFL.
- Former Mississippi State offensive lineman Gabe Jackson worked his way to high acclaim as he waits to hear his name called in the draft.
- Ole Miss hasn't had anyone drafted inside the top five rounds since 2010, but wide receiver Donte Moncrief could change that as early as today.
- Quarterback Zach Mettenberger and other former LSU Tigers should be prominent on the second day of the draft.
- Former Alabama linebacker C.J. Mosley plans to be his own man with the Baltimore Ravens.
- Seth Emerson of the Macon (Ga.) Telegraph takes a deeper look at Georgia's defensive line now that spring practice is over.
- The commitment of Ohio linebacker Jordan Jones helps fill an area of need for Kentucky.
- Former Arkansas linemen Chris Smith and Travis Swanson are eager to hear their draft calls.