SEC lunchtime links
May, 20, 2014
By Greg Ostendorf | ESPN.com
The SEC unveiled a 12-year rotation of nondivision opponents through 2025, and while Alabama returns to Georgia next season, we have to wait until 2019 to see Auburn and Florida play again. For more on the schedule and other league news, check out Tuesday’s lunch links.
- Keeping pace: Auburn’s defense focused on playing fast enough to match the no-huddle trend in college football.
- Florida coach Will Muschamp talks about the passing of his hero -- his father Larry.
- In the Athlon Sports preseason Top 25, Georgia is ranked No. 8 behind the strength of Todd Gurley and its offense, and despite losing No. 1 pick Jadeveon Clowney, South Carolina comes in at No. 9.
- Who’s complaining now? Alabama will play Florida and Georgia from the SEC East the next two years while LSU gets Kentucky and South Carolina.
- Future SEC schedules released for Ole Miss, Mississippi State. Rebels don’t have to go to Georgia until 2023 while Dan Mullen’s Bulldogs won’t return to Florida until 2025.
- New UT basketball coach Donnie Tyndall says Butch Jones has been "fantastic" in helping him get acclimated to his new school.
- Family tradition: Texas A&M center Mike Matthews was named to the Rimington Trophy watch list. His brother, Kevin, was a candidate for the award in 2009 while his other brother, Jake, was a finalist for the Outland Trophy just last year.
- Former coach James Franklin was Vanderbilt’s top earner during this past fiscal year.