SEC's lunch links
May, 22, 2014
By Jeff Barlis | ESPN.com
The College Football Hall of Fame is announcing its 2014 inductees today at 12:30 p.m. ET. You can watch it live at footballfoundation.org. Here's a breakdown of this year's nominees from the SEC.
- SEC commish Mike Slive told the Associated Press that the five power conferences want to be able to pass their own legislation. A vote on restructuring the NCAA will likely be before the board of directors in early August.
- Coach Derek Mason says Vanderbilt is "in the process of scheduling" a game against Stanford, where he was defensive coordinator last year.
- TE Ricky Parks and OL Shane Callahan are no longer in the Auburn program. Also, coach Gus Malzahn will play host to his former school, Arkansas State, in 2016.
- Georgia defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt says he's not worried about three departures from the Dawgs' D, and he's not afraid to play freshmen.
- South Carolina AD Ray Tanner said he's talked with school president Harris Pastides about the possibility of beer sales in Williams-Brice Stadium. Tanner is not a fan.
- LSU's new offensive line coach, Jeff Grimes, has already made an impression with his teaching style.
- Gainesville Sun columnist Pat Dooley says Gator fans shouldn't hold their breath for a neutral-site game against Miami. After speaking with Florida AD Jeremy Foley, the guess is that game could be scheduled in 2023.
- Former Kentucky QB Jalen Whitlow has found a home. He transferred to Eastern Illinois.
- And finally, Texas A&M fans can now drink a beer called "Johnny Man'z Ale" as long as they're willing to drive to Ohio. In other offseason news, Manziel took third-team snaps during the Cleveland Browns' OTAs.
Final Troy 0 13 Georgia 66 Final 6 Texas A&M 58 SMU 6 Final Florida 21 3 Alabama 42 Final Indiana 31 18 Missouri 27 Final Northern Illinois 14 Arkansas 52 Final Mississippi State 34 8 LSU 29 Final 14 South Carolina 48 Vanderbilt 34