SEC's lunchtime links
May, 27, 2014
By David Ching | ESPN.com
SEC teams are still alive in NCAA tournaments in several sports, perhaps most notably the five teams from the conference that were awarded NCAA baseball regionals over the weekend. But this is also one of the most important times of the year for money distribution and agenda setting within the league. We'll start today's links there, as the league's power players convene in Destin, Fla.
- The SEC's annual spring meetings start today in Destin. AL.com's Michael Casagrande takes a look at some of the issues the league faces.
- Speaking of the SEC meetings, the Chattanooga Times-Free Press' David Paschall weighs in on how major-conference governance should be a major topic this week in Destin.
- Nearly a year after taking over as LSU's president, F. King Alexander discusses some of the issues facing his school and college athletics with The Advocate's Scott Rabalais.
- With four verbal commitments already in May, South Carolina is now up to 11 players in its 2015 recruiting class. Here are five storylines to watch on the recruiting front for Steve Spurrier's Gamecocks.
- CBS announced its picks for some of the SEC football games this fall. Among the games now set to air on CBS are Georgia-South Carolina on Sept. 13, Georgia-Florida on Nov. 1 and Arkansas-Missouri on Nov. 28.
- With many Auburn signees arriving on campus for the summer session, new freshman Kalvaraz Bessent is embracing his probationary status (following an offseason arrest) as a means to prove himself to his new coaches.
- After in-state tight end prospect Hale Hentges committed to Alabama on Sunday night, the Columbia Daily Tribune's David Morrison decided to take a look at how effectively Missouri recruits its own state.
- Following a recruiting tug-of-war between multiple schools -- most notably Auburn and Alabama -- linebacker Rashaan Evans reflects on his crazy recruitment on the eve of enrolling in Tuscaloosa.
Final Nevada 3 Louisiana-Lafayette 16 Final Utah State 21 UTEP 6 Final 22 Utah 45 Colorado State 10 Final Western Michigan 24 Air Force 38 Final South Alabama 28 Bowling Green 33
Final Marshall 52 Northern Illinois 23 Final Navy 17 San Diego State 16
Final Central Michigan 48 Western Kentucky 49 Final Fresno State 6 Rice 30
Final Illinois 18 Louisiana Tech 35 Final Rutgers 40 North Carolina 21 Final North Carolina State 34 UCF 27
Final Cincinnati 17 Virginia Tech 33 Final 15 Arizona State 36 Duke 31 Final Miami (FL) 21 South Carolina 24 Final/OT Boston College 30 Penn State 31 Final Nebraska 42 24 USC 45
2:00 PM ET Texas A&M West Virginia 5:30 PM ET Oklahoma 17 Clemson 9:00 PM ET Arkansas Texas
3:00 PM ET Notre Dame 23 LSU 6:30 PM ET 13 Georgia 21 Louisville 10:00 PM ET Maryland Stanford
12:30 PM ET 9 Ole Miss 6 TCU 4:00 PM ET 20 Boise State 10 Arizona 8:00 PM ET 7 Mississippi State 12 Georgia Tech
12:00 PM ET 19 Auburn 18 Wisconsin 12:30 PM ET 8 Michigan State 5 Baylor 1:00 PM ET 16 Missouri 25 Minnesota 5:00 PM ET 2 Oregon 3 Florida State 8:30 PM ET 1 Alabama 4 Ohio State
12:00 PM ET Houston Pittsburgh 3:20 PM ET Iowa Tennessee 6:45 PM ET 11 Kansas State 14 UCLA 10:15 PM ET Washington Oklahoma State