Garnett back, Tony Allen out for C's
Backup guard Tony Allen, however, was sick and missed the game.
Garnett's return didn't help the Celtics. He played 28 minutes, scored 14 points and pulled down nine rebounds, but Boston lost to Chicago 101-93. The Celts' sixth loss in nine games assured them of the fourth spot in the Eastern Conference behind Atlanta.
Coach Doc Rivers said before the game that he planned to monitor Garnett's minutes after resting him against Milwaukee on Saturday night. He also considered giving Paul Pierce the night off, but "he wanted to play."
Pierce led the team with 28 points.Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
- Net Benefits
- Loui Eriksson scored in his return as the B's got revenge vs. the Caps.
- Help Him
- What's the Patriots' biggest need on offense? We debate. You decide.
- Ranging Deep At Short
- Deven Marrero is the next SS behind Xander Bogaerts in Boston's talented pipeline.
- Going Down?
- With 21 games left, the Celtics are on course to land in lottery country.
- Commemorative Occasion
- Cam Neely recalls scoring 50 in 44 games in '93-94.
- adidas Youth Brooklyn Nets Kevin Garnett #2 Black Gametime T-Shirt
MORE NBA HEADLINES