CLEMSON, S.C. -- The Boston College-Clemson game has resumed after a second weather delay, this one lasting 48 minutes.
A stoppage earlier for bad weather and lightning in the third quarter lasted 55 minutes.
After the first delay, teams did extensive warmups before playing again. This time, the Eagles and Tigers returned to action after a much shorter warmup period.
Officials stopped play with 13:56 remaining and Clemson ahead 19-7. Boston College had just scored on a 13-yard pass from Justin Tuggle to Justin Jarvis. The Eagles tried an onsides kick, but Clemson recovered.
Play was stopped moments later.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
- Passing The Torch
- The C's finally got the best of old pal Paul Pierce, who showed Rondo some love.
- Crimson Flush
- Harvard beat Yale to lock up a fourth straight Ivy title and third straight NCAA berth.
- Kind Of A Big Deal
- What if New England can't rework the final year of Vince Wilfork's contract?
- Just Getting Started
- Will Middlebrooks remains confident he can become a premier two-way player.
- Above And Beyond
- Did Julian Edelman play himself out of a future with the Patriots?
- Nike Men's Clemson Tigers 2014 Discover Orange Bowl Champions Locker Room Legacy 91 Hat
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES