BOSTON -- Boston College safety Wes Davis left the Eagles' 24-21 loss to Maryland on a stretcher with a neck injury.
The school said "he has full movement." Davis was taken to a hospital for evaluation.
Davis was hurt with 3:47 left in the third quarter during a play on the Maryland sideline. He remained on the turf for about 10 minutes while medical staff attended to him.
Davis was strapped to a stretcher and rolled off the field to a waiting ambulance.
Davis is a senior who entered the game fourth in tackles with 30.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
- Dropping Into Place
- Rajon Rondo surpassed Bill Russell in career assists as the C's outran the Pistons.
- Buch Stops Bucs
- Clay Buchholz had full command of his repertoire as the Sox beat the Pirates.
- Sweeping Sunshine State
- The B's outlasted Tampa on Sat. and finished a season sweep of Florida Sunday.
- Regroup Project
- As March Madness heats up, where does UMass and other local teams stand?
- Taking Inventory
- The Patriots have been quiet so far in free agency's legal tampering period.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES