Boychuk describes his game as physical
Editor's note: This is part of a miniseries of stories to familiarize fans with a handful of Boston Bruins players who are new since last season in anticipation of Thursday night's opener.
Better Know a New Bruin: Defenseman Johnny Boychuk
How would you describe your game?
Physical, and I like to shoot the puck and make those good first passes.
How would you describe your personality away from the ice?
Easy-going, down-to-Earth, I guess. It's not too bad.
What are some of your hobbies?
I like to watch movies a lot and shopping, listening to music.
What kind of music?
Actually, everything. I like Rise Against a lot. I like techno music, country. Some rap, not all but ...
What have you liked about Boston so far?
The friendliness and how much they enjoy hockey.
How you been recognized yet?
I think. Maybe a couple times, not too many. I think they might've been Providence fans.
Who were your childhood hockey idols or favorite teams?
My favorite team was Edmonton (Boychuk's hometown). And my idol was Ray Bourque.
Do you have a favorite sport outside of hockey?
Baseball. Red Sox. Even before I came here.
What are you most looking forward to about Thursday?
Hopefully I get to play. But just to start the season off on a winning note.
- Net Benefits
- Loui Eriksson scored in his return as the B's got revenge vs. the Caps.
- Help Him
- What's the Patriots' biggest need on offense? We debate. You decide.
- Ranging Deep At Short
- Deven Marrero is the next SS behind Xander Bogaerts in Boston's talented pipeline.
- Going Down?
- With 21 games left, the Celtics are on course to land in lottery country.
- Commemorative Occasion
- Cam Neely recalls scoring 50 in 44 games in '93-94.
- Reebok Men's Boston Bruins Patrice Bergeron #37 Player Replica Black T-Shirt
MORE NHL HEADLINES