Mayo misses practice with knee injury
Mayo did not work out with the team on Wednesday, two days after being injured in a 25-24 win over the Buffalo Bills. He suffered a sprained medial collateral ligament and could miss up to eight weeks, the Boston Globe reported.
Mayo's agent, Sean Kiernan, did not return an e-mail seeking comment. The Patriots gave no details other than to say Mayo didn't practice.
Last year's NFL defensive rookie of the year was hurt with just over four minutes left in the first quarter. Afterward, he walked along the sideline under his own power but did not return to the game.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
NFL WEEK 2 PREVIEW
STOCK WATCH: Fallers, risers
- Long Day's Night
- John Farrell didn't like much of what he saw as the Sox dropped a twinbill.
- Made To Last
- The B's rallied to force OT, then outlasted the Lightning in the shootout.
- Raring To Go
- Avery Bradley is eager to get back on the court, no matter the Celtics' record.
- One Step Closer
- BU and Northeastern advanced in their respective conference tournaments.
- A Dream Come True
- Twelve-year-old Louis Corbett had his dream of seeing the Celtics come true.
- Nike Men's Home Game Jersey New England Patriots Jerod Mayo #51
MORE NFL HEADLINES