Source: Welker to play Sunday
Welker, who did not participate in practice Wednesday, was held out of last Sunday's loss to the Jets because of a knee injury. The Patriots offense went without a touchdown for the first time since Dec. 10, 2006.
Welker, 28, had played in every game the past four seasons. He has 223 catches for more than 2,300 yards and 11 touchdowns over the past two season.
In the season-opening win over the Buffalo Bills, he caught 12 passes for 93 yards.
Michael Smith is an NFL reporter for ESPN.
NFL WEEK 3 PREVIEW
MNF: PANTHERS AT COWBOYS
STOCK WATCH: Fallers, risers
- Dropping Into Place
- Rajon Rondo surpassed Bill Russell in career assists as the C's outran the Pistons.
- Buch Stops Bucs
- Clay Buchholz had full command of his repertoire as the Sox beat the Pirates.
- Sweeping Sunshine State
- The B's outlasted Tampa on Sat. and finished a season sweep of Florida Sunday.
- Regroup Project
- As March Madness heats up, where does UMass and other local teams stand?
- Taking Inventory
- The Patriots have been quiet so far in free agency's legal tampering period.
- Nike Men's Home Game Jersey Denver Broncos Wes Welker #83
MORE NFL HEADLINES