Brady sets mark with 5 TDs in quarter
Most games with 6 TD passes
Tom Brady joins a list of just four other quarterbacks since 1960 who have thrown six touchdowns in a game twice.
Quarterback Times Last time Tom Brady 2 2009 Peyton Manning 2 2004 Charley Johnson 2 1969 Y.A. Tittle 2 1962 George Blanda 2 1962
-- ESPN Stats and Information
Brady threw for another TD in the third quarter, matching his career high, before leaving the game. Backup Brian Hoyer ran it in from 1 yard to make it 59-0 -- a franchise record for points.
Hoyer also led the Patriots deep into Titans territory in the fourth, but New England turned the ball over on downs after a short pass on fourth-and-7.
The record for TD passes in an entire game is seven, by five players -- all before the NFL-AFL merger in 1970. Since then, 14 quarterbacks have thrown for six TDs in a game, including Brady against Miami in 2007.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
- Net Benefits
- Loui Eriksson scored in his return as the B's got revenge vs. the Caps.
- Help Him
- What's the Patriots' biggest need on offense? We debate. You decide.
- Ranging Deep At Short
- Deven Marrero is the next SS behind Xander Bogaerts in Boston's talented pipeline.
- Going Down?
- With 21 games left, the Celtics are on course to land in lottery country.
- Commemorative Occasion
- Cam Neely recalls scoring 50 in 44 games in '93-94.
- Photo File New England Patriots Tom Brady UniFrame
MORE NFL HEADLINES