Ducasse: Ready to make jump to NFL
INDIANAPOLIS -- University of Massachusetts offensive lineman Vladimir Ducasse was clocked at 5.21 in the 40-yard dash and had 29 repetitions on the 225-pound bench press Saturday at the NFL combine, according to his agent Joe Linta.[+] EnlargeAP Photo/Michael ConroyVladimir Ducasse was clocked at 5.21 in the 40-yard dash.
Ducasse is one of a handful of prospects from New England colleges invited to the NFL combine, joining BC offensive lineman Matt Tennant and BC linebacker Mike McLaughlin. He is projected as high as a second-round draft choice.
After weighing in at 6-foot-4 and 330 pounds on Friday, Ducasse expressed excitement about being at the combine, where he had plans to meet with several teams. Some of the first clubs he spoke with were the Pittsburgh Steelers, Arizona Cardinals and Chicago Bears.
Ducasse said he was taking pride in representing UMass at the combine, and is stressing to NFL teams that he's ready to make a big jump to the pros.
"I like competing, I'm physical," he said. "Up at this level, everybody is talented, everybody is athletic, everybody is fast, and they just want to be able to see you finish and be physical. That's what I think I bring to the table."
Mike Reiss covers the Patriots for ESPNBoston.com. Follow him on Twitter.
- Passing The Torch
- The C's finally got the best of old pal Paul Pierce, who showed Rondo some love.
- Crimson Flush
- Harvard beat Yale to lock up a fourth straight Ivy title and third straight NCAA berth.
- Kind Of A Big Deal
- What if New England can't rework the final year of Vince Wilfork's contract?
- Just Getting Started
- Will Middlebrooks remains confident he can become a premier two-way player.
- Above And Beyond
- Did Julian Edelman play himself out of a future with the Patriots?
- adidas Women's UMass Minutemen Maroon Tri-Blend Football T-Shirt
MORE NFL HEADLINES