Patriots' Fred Taylor ruled out Sunday
Taylor missed his fourth straight practice on Friday. He has not practiced with the team since injuring his toe in the Patriots' Week 3 win over the Buffalo Bills. The team is likely to call on third-year running back BenJarvus Green-Ellis to carry the load Sunday for a third straight game.
Taylor's absence could also mean running back Thomas Clayton, who was re-signed by the team on Sept. 30, could make his NFL debut.
During his Friday news conference, Patriots coach Bill Belichick touched on Taylor's role with the team.
"He'll contribute for us when he gets an opportunity," Belichick said. "I don't have any doubt that he can help us."
- Spending Slump
- The Patriots have spent in free agency, but they haven't spent wisely.
- Starting Strong
- Red Sox lefty Jon Lester looked like an ace in his first start of the spring.
- Strength In Numbers
- Authorities have announced major security measures for this year's Boston Marathon.
- Right Direction
- As his confidence grows, rookie Kelly Olynyk keeps getting better.
- Reasonable Doubt?
- How a conspiracy of silence and a vanished gun have complicated the case.
- Riddell New England Patriots Mini Replica Helmet
MORE NFL HEADLINES