Report: Shaun Hill says Pats were dirty
During the second quarter, Hill ran a quarterback sneak from the Pats' 2-yard line and extended his arms toward the goal line. He had been playing with a fracture in his non-throwing forearm suffered against the Giants five weeks ago and said he felt someone in the scrum trying to work over his limb on Sunday.
"That's why I eventually gave up the ball," Hill said, according to Mlive.com. "Somebody was down there [in the pile] literally trying to break my arm, which is already broken. Literally, trying. And, uh, y'know, I guess [it] wasn't seen [by officials]."
The Patriots had no comment on the accusation. Hill didn't score on the play but picked up a first down, and the Lions punched it in the next play. Detroit won that battle but lost the war 45-24.
Hill had no problem with the QB sneak, injury or no injury.
"I loved the call," he said, according to Mlive.com. "I loved the call. Absolutely loved it. I have no qualms about running that play -- one-armed or whatever. I loved the call."
- Buch Stops Bucs
- Clay Buchholz had full command of his repertoire as the Sox stymied the Pirates.
- Sweeping Sunshine State
- The Bruins got another win in Florida, finishing off a season sweep of the Panthers.
- Cruise Controller
- Rajon Rondo had 18 assists as the C's beat the Pistons in a shootout.
- Taking Inventory
- The Patriots have been quiet so far in free agency's legal tampering period.
- Regroup Project
- As March Madness heats up, where does UMass and other local teams stand?
- Fathead Tom Brady "In Your Face" Wall Graphic
MORE NFL HEADLINES