Sources: Pats to host Jake Locker
- QB Camp: Jake Locker
QB Camp: Jake Locker
Reiss: Locker to Pats a Long Shot
Jake Locker's visit with the Patriots will help to create trade leverage during the draft, ESPNBoston.com's Mike Reiss writes. Blog
The Patriots are hosting a two-day visit Tuesday and Wednesday with top quarterback prospect Jake Locker of Washington, sources told ESPN.com.
Locker, who threw for 2,265 yards and 17 touchdowns last season, is projected to be a mid-to-late first-round pick.
2011 NFL Draft
New England does not have any proven quarterbacks on its roster behind Brady. Backup Brian Hoyer joined the Patriots as an undrafted rookie free agent in 2009 and has thrown for just 264 yards, one touchdown and one interception in his career.
Brady, who will turn 34 in August, is signed with New England through the 2014 season and is still playing at an elite level.
Therefore, the Patriots should have several years to find and develop their quarterback of the future.
James Walker covers the NFL for ESPN.com. You can follow him on Twitter.
2011 NFL DRAFT
- Spending Slump
- The Patriots have spent in free agency, but they haven't spent wisely.
- Starting Strong
- Red Sox lefty Jon Lester looked like an ace in his first start of the spring.
- Strength In Numbers
- Authorities have announced major security measures for this year's Boston Marathon.
- Right Direction
- As his confidence grows, rookie Kelly Olynyk keeps getting better.
- Reasonable Doubt?
- How a conspiracy of silence and a vanished gun have complicated the case.
- Nike Men's Alternate Limited Jersey New England Patriots Tom Brady #12
MORE NFL HEADLINES