Bruins' Lucic out 4-6 weeks
The operation on the 21-year-old Lucic took place at Massachusetts General Hospital on Sunday. He suffered the injury Friday night in Dallas and did not play Saturday in Phoenix. He was placed on long-term injured reserve by the club Sunday. Lucic has to miss a minimum of 10 games and 24 days.
The third-year forward registered just three assists and a plus-2 rating in six games for the Bruins.
"He's one of those players that has usually a pretty big impact on the game when he's on top of it," coach Claude Julien said. "I think we saw him more like that player we want him to be in Dallas.
"So it hurts but it gives somebody else an opportunity to step up. And in the past, we've always been a team that has responded to [injuries] by having everybody pick up the slack and guys coming up [from the minors] and doing a halfway decent job."
Matt Kalman covers the Bruins for ESPNBoston.com. Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
- Passing The Torch
- The C's finally got the best of old pal Paul Pierce, who showed Rondo some love.
- Crimson Flush
- Harvard beat Yale to lock up a fourth straight Ivy title and third straight NCAA berth.
- Kind Of A Big Deal
- What if New England can't rework the final year of Vince Wilfork's contract?
- Just Getting Started
- Will Middlebrooks remains confident he can become a premier two-way player.
- Above And Beyond
- Did Julian Edelman play himself out of a future with the Patriots?
- Reebok Men's Boston Bruins Milan Lucic #17 Away White Premier Jersey
MORE NHL HEADLINES